Like most people, my choice of songs is typically based on my mood. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been into pop, alternative, contemporary R&B, and gospel. I enjoy long conversations with friends about the type of music I listen to. Back in high school, I used to call some friends just to listen to a particular song I was into at the time. Although these days, it’s hard to find the time and friends that listen to my type of music, but when I do, I go all-in with my favorites.
During the first few months of quarantine, I became acquainted with someone who understood my choice of music and in a few weeks, we were sharing our favorite songs. I was introduced to various amazing artists and loved every one of them. Songs are comforting, and finding someone who understands you through the songs you listen to is beautiful. Here’s a list of some of the artists I’ve been listening to since quarantine started;
- Maverick City Music- Gospel
- Frank Ocean- Contemporary RnB, Pop
- Jhene Aiko- Alternative, Pop
- Housefires- Gospel
- Anthony De La Torre- Pop
- Jordan Fisher- Pop
- Elevation Worship- Gospel
- Social House- Pop
- JP Saxe- Pop
- Arizona Zervas- RnB, Hip hop
Not long ago, I noticed that I was more productive when I had music playing in the background as opposed to nothing. I’m able to devote more attention to the things I need to get done when the music is on. On top of that, whenever I need to be completely focused and write, good songs like Billie Eilish’s are a go-to for me. Hence, I decided to create a grin-inducing playlist and share some of the songs I enjoy listening to at various times of the day.
P.S: The songs below are linked to Spotify, but you can get them on any music App.
- Maverick City Vol. 3 Part 1 by Maverick City Music
- Broken Record by Travis Greene
- Graves Into Gardens by Elevation Worship
- On and on by Housefires
- Awake My Soul by Hillsong Worship and Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- SoundMan Vol. 1
- Lenu Remix by Buju and Burnaboy
- Call by Joeboy
- Betty Butter by Mayorkun and Davido
- Jore by Kiss Daniel and Adekunle Gold
- Chilombo by Jhene Aiko
- After Hours (Deluxe) by The Weeknd
- Blonde by Frank Ocean
- Fine Line by Harry Style
- When we all fall asleep, where do we go? by Billie Eilish
Has Quarantine in any way affected your choice of music? What songs are you currently into and do any of them have a good memory attached?